Dooney and Bourke
Genuine Florentine Vacchetta Leather
Double Pocket Shoulder Bag
(no longer in production)
Vachetta is untreated Italian leather used on luggage and luxury handbags such as Coach and Louis Vuitton and Dooney and Bourke.
When first purchased Vachetta leather is a light beige colour, but it is designed to age (a process called Patina), so it will go to a dark brown shade over the years and with use. Patina is an unavoidable process as Vachetta is susceptible to water, stains and exposure to sunlight. Handles made from Vachetta leather can go very dark due to the grease and natural oils from your hands penetrating the leather (particularly if you wear a lot of hand cream!) The upside to Patina, is that each item which has Vachetta leather will develop its own unique characteristics. Furthermore, no two bags will age the same way.
- Leather ID Lanyard
- 2 outside snap pockets
- 2 inside pockets: One inside zip pocket + one open slip pocket with a snap
- Inside key hook
- Adjustable leather strap
- Handle drop length 6"-10"
- Lined with durable fabric
- Zipper closure
- Shiny Golden Brass Hardware with Dooney Bourke stamped picket snaps
- Approximately measures H 10" x W 4.25" x L 10"
- Weighs 1lbs 11oz
- Condition: Excellent; Not New; Not like New. No noted stains or odors. No damage or missing parts. Rich original leather scent remains. A visibly finely handcrafted bag which was crafted with Florentine Italian leather that burnishes and deepens over time. Very Very clean with gentle scarce signs of prior use.
Jo's Note: "A rare find from a private collector who takes impeccable care of all her Dooney bags. This Dooney & Bourke premium Florentine leather shoulder bag lends the perfect slouch when carried or set down, and has developed a rich patina over time just as it was designed to. What I love about the Florentine Collection is the unrivaled quality which comes from a design process that prioritizes luxury. Every season, Dooney & Bourke carefully selects a versatile color palette from premium leathers that develop an even richer patina with time and use. From there, they craft each bag by hand using trusted old-world techniques."